Best Way To Deodorize Couch
No matter what type of couch you have, it might develop some foul odour over time. Most people have this common question “How to get rid of the foul smells off their couches?” So to find out the best way to deodorize a couch, one can follow this blog. You should make sure to follow specific tips to keep your couch smelling good. Your couch could be developing that foul odour due to various reasons. Majorly due to improper cleaning if you have toddlers or pets around and even due to poor maintenance. The dirt and germs that might end up on the couch can be the major source of bad odour. So, taking necessary precautions can be extremely useful in keeping your couch free from foul odours. In case you are looking for better ways to ensure your couch doesn’t smell bad, then check the given helpful ideas.
Here Are The Best Ways To Deodorize Couch
People often hire couch cleaning services whenever their couches start to smell bad. But in reality, cleaning can only help to some extent, it’s the deodorisation that makes the most difference. Deodorisation generally involves the usage of deodorizing products that will help in masking the foul odour. This could also be a temporary fix in between the cleaning sessions. So, the following ways are how you can fix your couch from foul odour:
For Microfiber Couch
Microfiber couches are primarily known for their comfort and their usage is quite high. Due to this, the fabric often retains a foul odour and even develops stains. This can make it uncomfortable for people to use it. Definitely upholstery cleaning is not the ultimate solution for making your microfiber couch feel fresh, but it is important to perform suitable deodorizing methodologies.
What To Do?
All you need to do is freshen up the couch by using odour-absorbing substances. Ideally “baking soda” is used which is known to be the best odour-absorbing substance. Using this, you can achieve the best results as it doesn’t take much time or effort. For this, all you need is a vacuum pump and baking soda.
- Start with vacuuming the microfiber couch thoroughly which includes the removal of dirt, pet hair, and other junk particles that are lodged on the microfibers of the couch. Now run the vacuum pump thoroughly around the corners of the couch as well, this helps in ensuring that there are no traces of dust particles.
- Carrying out the first step thoroughly can help your couch stay odourless for longer durations and also helps in the effective use of the deodorisers.
- Now it’s time to sprinkle some baking soda all over the microfiber couch without leaving even the corners. During this step, it is necessary to make sure that you remove the backing, cushions or even the seating to avoid things getting messy.
- If your couch has cracks or any crevices, it is quite important for you to ensure that it’s fully covered.
- Next comes cushions, you should now sprinkle baking soda on the cushion microfiber since they come in contact with most people or even pets.
- Treating them with baking soda separately helps in cleaning cushions thoroughly. Let the baking soda sit on the couch and the cushions for 15-20 minutes. For best results, it is advised to leave them overnight. The baking soda on the couch and cushions will help in wicking away the bad odour from them.
- Soon you figure out that the stench is removed, and you need to vacuum the couch completely. After a thorough vacuuming session, you can observe that the couch seems to have a fresh and new feel to it. By now it is free from all the foul and stinky odour.
For Leather Couch
Leather couches are often considered a bad fit because of their retention of stinky odour. Compared to microfiber couches, they need extra care and when it comes to deodorization, it is non-negotiable. Since leather is porous, it often tends to pick up filthy odours that are mostly retained from pet fur or dander, spilled food or beverages, smoke, etc.
But the good thing is, as much as they retain the foul odours, they can equally be eliminated using simple techniques. The key to achieving odourless couches is the usage of scented cleaners prior to the couch getting oversaturated with a foul odour. Using the right cleaning agents and tools, you will be able to tackle this!
What To Do?
Keeping your leather couch odourless needs extra wiping and extra care. All you need are rags that are specially for wiping, water-holding containers, and scented detergent cleansers. This completely depends on the levels of the stenches and the efficiency of the cleanser. If the cleanser is of good quality, then you can expect the best results.
- To begin with, use a rag to thoroughly wipe the leather couch. This needs to be done with extra care if there are spillages. By this, you can avoid the stinking of the couch.
- While wiping the mess up, do not forget to dampen the cloth regularly so as to ensure the removal of dirt.
- Now mix the soap or detergent cleanser in warm water and use this solution for wiping down the areas that develop foul odour.
- Once you are done wiping the leather couch with soap solution, now it is necessary for you to wipe it with a moist rag to get rid of the soap residue.
- Let this dry completely and to remove excess moisture you can use a dry cloth or even newspapers. This will do the job perfectly.
So the above methods are widely proven to be effective in keeping microfiber and leather couches odour-free. So if you are looking for the best way to deodorize a couch, follow any of these methods depending on the type of your couch. You will be surprised by the results. Taking proper care helps in keeping your couches fresh and odour-free.