The sofa is the centrepiece of your house. Spilling drinks, muddy pet paws and dropping crumbs can cause your sofa extremely dirty. However, all these things can sometimes cause discolouration plus tough staining. Nevertheless, whenever you see your dirty sofa, you may think of replacing it. However, you can think of maintaining your sofa in the best condition. You can remove the covers from the sofa and clean it. But regular fabric upholstery cleaning potentially saves you money and valuable time. Therefore, in this article, we will be guiding you on How to Clean A Fabric Sofa At Home. Let’s get started.
Tips To Clean The Fabric Sofa At Home
Accidental spills and stubborn stains turn out to be problematic especially when you have a fabric sofa. You may not be aware of how to clean a fabric sofa at home. However, using commercial solutions without consulting a professional can make your fabric sofa condition worse. Therefore the following are some tips to clean a fabric sofa at home
- Act immediately: The first key to dealing with any type of sofa is to act immediately. The faster you clean your fabric sofa, the easier the stains from the sofa will be removed. However, if you ignore the stains on the fabric sofa, it will worsen the quality of the sofa deeply. Therefore as soon as you see the spills blot it with a clean cloth. Well, you must not rub the stain as it can enter deeply into the fabric sofa. If the spillage is very strong, use a vacuum cleaner.
Apart from this, you can take a soft bristle brush for eliminating the solid spillage. Hence, vacuuming plus brushing regularly will keep your fabric sofa in good condition. Moreover, it prevents your sofa from the extra layer of pollutants.
- Check manufacturer labels: Before cleaning the fabric sofa, you must have to check a couple of things. Therefore, before cleaning the fabric sofa, you must go through the manufacturer’s label which is extremely necessary for good maintenance. Following are some codes you need to check before cleaning fabric sofa.
- W: Use water-based cleaner for sofa or couch cleaning
- W/S: Solvent plus water-based cleaner for cleaning sofa
- S: Only solvent for cleaning the upholstery
- X: Vacuum only
- Natural cleaning: Once you go through the manufacturer labelling, start cleaning the fabric sofa. However, to clean the fabric sofa you must opt for the natural cleaning process. You can make a paste of baking soda with water. Apply this paste on the sofa and let it dry for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes vacuum the solution on the sofa. Nevertheless, baking soda is also helpful in removing the bad odour from the sofa.
Vinegar is another effective plus natural method to clean the sofa. Well, mix the vinegar and water in the equal parts. Then take this solution on a clean cloth and blot it on the affected area. Make sure you rinse the cloth in clean tap water.
Apart from this, you can also use hot water for cleaning the sofa. Hence hot water can eliminate dirt from the sofa. You can use the hot water method for cleaning any type of upholstery.
- Dry fabric sofa: For drying the fabric sofa take a dry towel. After this pat the dry towel on the wet areas of your sofa. Thus in this way, the towel will soak up moisture from the sofa. Lastly, you must gently brush off all the remaining solutions from the sofa. Importantly make sure you keep the fabric sofa for overnight drying. In that period no pet or kid should sit on it.
Hope you now know How to Clean A Fabric Sofa At Home. Well, with the above tips your problem has been solved. Whenever you want to clean the fabric sofa you can try out the given tips. Moreover, to get your sofa deeply cleaned, we suggest you hire certified professionals from Rejuvenate Upholstery Cleaning. But for immediate cleaning do try out these tips and natural cleaning solutions.